Positive Parenting Coaching
You had children to enjoy them, right?
We help parents go from feeling overwhelmed and unsure to feeling calm and confident in their parenting. Our founder, Christy Weber, is a certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator, parent coach and mom of 3 young children. She is also a therapist with more
than 10 years of experience working with women and families throughout her career as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor.
In her work as a parent coach, she helps parents create a custom positive parenting strategy to meet the needs of their family. Positive parenting is a parenting style focused on cultivating a deep connection with our children. The philosophy is based on mutual respect and advocates for setting kind but firm boundaries. Positive Discipline teaches children to do the right thing because it's the right thing to do
-- not to earn rewards or avoid punishment.
Christy offers coaching in packages because she has seen that most parents need at least six sessions to implement lasting change. She focuses mostly on the Positive Discipline curriculum by Dr. Jane Nelson but also pull in other material from different sources. Parent coaching will provide you with specific techniques to create a stronger connection with your children and raise them to be capable, responsible and respectful. The principles of Positive Discipline created by Dr. Jane Nelsen include discipline that:
1. Is Kind and Firm at the same time. (Respectful and encouraging)
2. Helps children feel a sense of Belonging and Significance. (Connection)
3. Is Effective Long-Term. (Punishment works short term, but has negative long-term results.)
4. Teaches valuable Social and Life Skills for good character. (Respect, concern for others, problem-solving, accountability, contribution, cooperation)
5. Invites children to discover how Capable they are and to use their personal power in constructive ways.
You can read more about Positive Discipline and Dr. Jane Nelsen here:
Working with a parent coach can help you feel more connected to your child, cope with difficult behaviors and help you enjoy parenting more! You invest in a personal trainer, a financial planner - why not invest in a parent coach?
Unsure if coaching is right for you? Wondering if you would benefit more from counseling or coaching? Book a no cost consultation with us.