Positive Parenting Workshops
Struggling with meltdowns? Overwhelmed with you toddler’s aggressive behavior? Wondering how to get your 6-year-old to do their chores? If timeouts aren’t working and you’re tired of yelling, this workshop is for you!
This interactive workshop will provide you with specific techniques to create a stronger connection with your children and raise them to be capable, responsible and respectful. The class will be based on the principles of Positive Discipline created by Dr. Jane Nelsen. The five criteria for Positive Discipline include discipline that:
1. Is Kind and Firm at the same time. (Respectful and encouraging)
2. Helps children feel a sense of Belonging and Significance. (Connection)
3. Is Effective Long-Term. (Punishment works short term, but has negative long-term results.)
4. Teaches valuable Social and Life Skills for good character. (Respect, concern for others, problem-solving, accountability, contribution, cooperation)
5. Invites children to discover how Capable they are and to use their personal power in constructive ways.
You can read more about Positive Discipline and Dr. Jane Nelsen here:
This workshop is presented by our founder Christy Weber, LPCC & Certified Positive Discipline Educator
Contact us to be notified when our next online workshop is scheduled.